Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 Metal Detector
With a 6.6 kHz transmission frequency and preset ground balance, the Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 Metal Detector is well-suited for coin or relic hunting around beaches, parks or any other places people may have gathered and left things.
The open 7" concentric search coil makes pinpointing objects easy as the centre always has the highest returns. Detection results are displayed on an LCD display and are audible through either the built-in speaker or headphone output.
A touch pad control interface features backlit buttons and allows you to easily adjust settings such as the sensitivity. You can choose between an all metal mode that provides returns on all metals or choose one of 8 discrimination modes to better filter results.
Finds are shown on a running depth graph and are also indicated by audible tones that differentiate metal type. The unit is powered by two 9V batteries, which are not included.
- A transmission frequency of 6.6 kHz is well suited to finding objects such as coins and relics.
- Detects coin-size objects to 6" deep and larger objects to 2' deep.
- The ground balance is set internally by a technician at the factory and does not require you to do anything to set the balance. It comes preset for most coin, jewellery, and relic hunting needs.
- The open concentric design of the 7" coils discriminates very well. Pinpointing of buried objects is easy because the strongest signal is always in the centre of the coil.
- The LCD screen displays sensitivity, depth of the detected object, and type of metal detected.
- A running depth graph is displayed on the LCD display to illustrate the approximate depth of the object being detected.
- You can adjust the sensitivity of the unit to be more selective towards certain types of metals.
- Backlit buttons provide you with an easy to adjust interface so you can change features such as sensitivity quickly.
- You can choose an all metal detection mode to return all signals or from 8 levels of discrimination to filter your hits based on soil type.
- A low, medium, and high tone provide an aural clue as to the type of metal present. Ferrous objects such as iron and steel will induce a low tone. Small gold objects can also induce a low tone. Pull-tabs, post-1982 pennies, larger gold objects, zinc, small brass objects, and most bottle screw caps will induce medium tones. Silver and copper coins, larger brass objects, pre-1982 pennies, and highly oxidised metals will induce high tones. Quarters, dimes and other precious coins fall into this category.
- A 1/4" jack lets you use headphones to better interpret audio feedback.
Waterproofing Waterproof, submersible coil
Battery 2 x 9V
Length Extended: 52" (132 cm)
Collapsed: 44" (111.8 cm)
Made in the USA.
5 Year Warranty.